2017 is drawing to a close and what a year it has been. I’ve laughed and I’ve cried. But through this year I’ve learnt a lot about me and what I want in life and what I don’t want. This year has been the hardest I’ve faced with the last week of 2017 leaving little to be desired. With the year fading out I move into 2018 with my missions and goals I am determined to achieve. I could use this space to dwell on what has happened and bring to light some very serious family problems which have unravelled in the past 24 hours but instead I am going to take inspiration from someone else’s blog and share with you what I’ve learned this year.
1. To know when to leave and move on. I have learnt when to move on from friendships and relationships that are bringing me only sadness to my life.
2. To know what commitment achieves. My final year of uni has lead to my highest grades of my life and I couldn’t be happier and knowing what I can achieve makes me all the more determined.
3. To know how to survive. This year I have learnt how to take control of my emotions and get through situations I once thought would break me.
4. What I want to achieve in life. I’ve always toyed between different careers but now I know where I want to be in ten years and what I want to have achieved for me.
5. To put myself first. For the past few years I’ve put the wrong people first and my personal life and career have suffered as a result. But now I know to put me first and achieve what I want and then everything else will fall into place.
Five bold points from me. What I wanted to tell all my readers today is to go into the new year with knowing what you’ve achieved and what you want to achieve in 2018 rather than going in with a single half hearted New Years resolution. In just a few hours it’s a new year, clean slate, a fresh start. Make this next year your year and be prepared to do what you need to do to achieve your goals. I have and always will live by the quote “failure is when you stop trying”. Never stop trying and never stop believing in yourself.
Happy New Year. Take 2018 by the horns and make it happen.